Here’s how to add Flockler to WordPress in a few minutes:
- Create Automated Feeds to gather content from IG, FB, Twitter, YouTube, and more.
- Choose your layout (Social Wall, Grid, or Carousel) and create a shortcode
- Install Flockler’s WordPress plugin and add a shortcode to your WordPress site.
Please note that WordPress only allows custom plugins with a self-hosted site and a Business subscription of WordPress.com service.
1. Create Automated Feeds to gather content from IG, FB, Twitter, YouTube, and more
The first step is to define what you’d like to gather and display from social media channels. If you haven’t added any content to your Flockler yet or need more content, navigate to the ‘Automated Feeds’ tab in the navigation.
Click the ‘Add a new feed’ button, and our bot will guide you through the process. For example, you can gather all the posts by a specific Instagram account like this:
With Flockler, you can combine feeds from multiple social media channels. Here’s a list of supported social media channels and content sources.
2. Choose your layout (Social Wall, Grid, or Carousel) and create a shortcode
Once you’ve got content added to your Flockler account, navigate to the ‘Display’ tab and create a Wall, Grid, or Carousel layout.
After creating the layout, you’ll find a unique shortcode for WordPress plugin. You can add the shortcode to any page on your WordPress site.
3. Install Flockler’s WordPress plugin and add a shortcode to your WordPress site.
The last step is to install Flockler’s WordPress plugin and add the shortcode from step 2 to your WordPress site. You can embed Flockler to any page or element on your website.
Depending on your WordPress version, you might have a Classic or Block editor or use plugins like Elementor to manage pages. Here are instructions for each version:
Add Flockler to WordPress using the Block Editor
- Open the Post or Page in the WordPress admin where you’d like to embed an Instagram feed.
- Choose “(+) Add Block” in the top left corner of the WordPress editing tools.
- Next, search for the Custom HTML element and add it to your Page.
4. Copy and paste your unique shortcode from Flockler’s Display tab to the element.
5. Update/Publish changes to the WordPress Post/Page.
That’s it. The beautiful social media widget should display on your WordPress site. If you have any issues or questions, click the chat button on our website for instant help.
Add Flockler to WordPress using the Classic Editor
- Open the Post or Page in the WordPress admin where you’d like to add a live-updating Instagram feed.
- In the WordPress content editor, you’ll find options to use a Visual or Text mode. Choose Text mode.
- Copy and paste the shortcode from Flockler’s Display tab to where you would like to display the Instagram feed on WordPress.
- Update/Publish changes to the WordPress Post/Page.
All done! When you open the page, the layout of your choice and the stunning social media feed should show up. If you run into any issues, don’t hesitate to hit our website’s live chat button.
Add Flockler to WordPress using the Elementor editor
- Add a new page on WordPress or edit an existing one.
- Click on Edit with the Elementor button.
- From the left, search for the HTML widget.
4.Drag and drop the HTML widget into your page.
5. A new set of editing tools on the left will open.
6. Copy and paste the Flockler plugin shortcode directly into the HTML Code field.
7. Update/Publish the Page.
All sorted! You’ve now added an elegant and responsive social media feed to WordPress.